Ushuaia, often known as the ‘End of the World,’ is the southernmost city in the world, nestled on the island of Tierra del Fuego, Argentina. Not only is it a fantastic place to explore all year round, but it also serves as the primary gateway to Antarctica. However, getting there might seem daunting at first. What airlines fly to Ushuaia?
I get it; planning a trip to Patagonia is hard. First, you need to get to Argentina and then plan internal travel. At first, it looks challenging to arrange, especially if you are also visiting other places in Argentina. In recent years, several new airlines appeared in the domestic market that can be good options in some cases, but it all ultimately depends on your flexibility, your luggage requirements, and which airports you would like to depart from.
In this post, we compiled an updated list of all the airlines that fly to Ushuaia in 2023.
What Airlines Fly To Ushuaia In 2023?
1. Aerolineas Argentinas
Aerolíneas Argentinas is the flag carrier of Argentina and naturally offers several flights to Ushuaia. You can catch direct flights from Buenos Aires’ Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP), with several daily services. This is one of the most common and convenient options, but it is not low-cost.
Argentinas offers several services to Ushuaia from different airports in Argentina.
- From Buenos Aires AEP (Aeroparque Jorge Newbery) and EZE (Ministro Pistarini Ezeiza): There are several daily flights with a flight time of approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes.
- From Córdoba COR: Four weekly flights from Córdoba to Ushuaia, with a flight time of approximately 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- From El Calafate FTE: There are several weekly flights from El Calafate to Ushuaia, with a flight time of approximately 1 hour and 30 minutes.
- From Rio Gallegos: There are several weekly flights from Rio Gallegos to Ushuaia, with a flight time of approximately 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- From Trelew: With a flight time of 2 hours.
Check my reviews here:
- I Flew The World Cup Winners’ Plane: Aerolineas Argentinas A330 Business Class (2023)
- Night Flight From Ushuaia To Buenos Aires Ezeiza: Aerolíneas Argentinas A330 Business Class (2023)
- Austral Embraer 190 Takeoff Ushuaia to Buenos Aires: Stunning MULTICAM Views from the End of the World
JetSMART Argentina is a low-cost airline that was founded in 2017. It is a subsidiary of JetSMART, a Chilean low-cost airline. JetSMART Argentina operates a fleet of Airbus A320neo aircraft and offers flights to Argentina, Chile, and Peru destinations.
JetSMART Argentina flies to Ushuaia from two airports in Buenos Aires: Aeroparque Jorge Newbery (AEP) and Ezeiza International Airport (EZE). There are 2 flights per day from each airport, for a total of 4 flights per day. The flight time is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery and 3 hours and 30 minutes from Ezeiza International Airport.
Flybondi is an Argentine low-cost airline that was founded in 2016. It operates a Boeing 737-800 aircraft fleet and offers flights to destinations in Argentina, Chile, and Uruguay.
Flybondi flies to Ushuaia from two airports in Buenos Aires: Aeroparque Jorge Newbery and Ezeiza International Airport. There are 2 flights per day from each airport, for a total of 4 flights per day. The flight time is approximately 3 hours and 45 minutes from Aeroparque Jorge Newbery and 3 hours and 30 minutes from Ezeiza International Airport.
LADE (Líneas Aéreas del Estado) is an Argentine state-owned airline operated by the Argentine Air Force. It was created to provide air connectivity to remote and underserved areas of Argentina, especially in regions where commercial airlines might not find it profitable to operate regularly.
LADE flies to Ushuaia daily