A new SAS point bargain campaign is now live on their website, this time targeted to EuroBonus members based abroad – to visit Scandinavia. Why not? The campaign offers a 30% point discount on bonus trips booked using EuroBonus points. The good news is that any EuroBonus member can take advantage of this promotion.
What’s the catch? The discount is only available for flights departing from outside Scandinavia to Sweden, Norway, or Denmark. That’s it. Other than that, the 30% discount applies to flights with SAS in all travel classes and according to the conditions equally for one-way and return flights.
The nice part is that the reward can be combined with the Fly Premium voucher from the SAS Mastercard, giving round trips in business class for just 42.000 points! Wow.
SAS Point Bargain: 30% Point Discount – Details
The details as you can read on SAS website.
Autumn is a great time of year to visit Scandinavia. Secure your seat already now and get a 30 % points discount on your bonus trip. The offer is valid for return trips for travel in SAS Go, Plus and Business.
From: All SAS destinations outside of Scandinavia
To: Denmark, Sweden, Norway
Travel: 1 September – 30 November 2023
Book: 20 – 26 June 2023
Availability is limited. Taxes and fees are not included in the points price.
New York to Stockholm in Business Class for 42.000 points
I tried a few searches quickly and saw plenty of availability in all classes. For example, New York to Stockholm in October:
And the return from Stockholm to New York. These are via CPH on the A321neo.
How to find SAS Bonus Trips: Use AwardFares
The easiest and simplest way to find available seats on SAS flights using EuroBonus points is with AwardFares. To search for flights that can qualify for this promo, follow these steps.
- Log in to your account.
- Filter by SAS EuroBonus.
- Filter by Airline SAS.
- Filter from the United States to Scandinavia.
- Search from September 1st onwards.
Full terms and conditions
- The price is set according to the origin and destination, regardless of the route (direct or with transfers).
- The discount applies to both one-way and round trips.
- You must be logged in to view the points discount.
- Taxes and carrier-imposed fees are added per person and may vary according to the destination and routing. The exact amount is shown when you book. Taxes and fees cannot be paid with points.
- The point discount is only available for SAS Bonus tickets. It is not available when you mix points and cash, and for regular tickets for points.
- When mixing a SAS Bonus ticket with a regular ticket for points in a single booking, only the Bonus ticket will receive the discount.
- The outbound and the inbound travels must be completed during the stated travel period.
- Children receive a 50 % discount on the offer unless stated otherwise.
Infants travel for free if you book a seat for your baby – 50 % discount.
- Start and end times for the offers are always midnight to midnight CET time unless stated otherwise.
- The number of award seats available is limited.
- Reservations cannot be changed after the campaign booking period is over. After this, the normal award price applies.
- The traveler must pay any applicable charges, such as airport taxes.
- It cannot be combined with other award discounts/offers except Mastercard FlyPremium (levels 2-4).
- EuroBonus general membership conditions apply.