Revolut has been transforming digital banking and the way people handle their finances. It’s convenient, quick, and often more cost-effective. Not only for consumers but also for businesses! As a small business owner, I love the idea of having a single and smooth platform to handle everything. One aspect I also really like about Revolut is the generous incentives they have been giving to their users, such as the Revolut refer a friend and Learn and Earn programs.
However, the promotion comes on and off, and deadlines involved. I got many questions about getting the bonus, from many friends who missed all the details. So, in this post, we’ll clarify it. Let’s dive deeper into what this bonus is. and why it’s making an impact in the digital banking space.
In summary: You can get the bonus for up to 5 friends you refer (a total of 3500 kr, €300, or £250). For each friend you invite, they need to verify their account, order a physical card to their home, and make 3 small purchases for you to make the bonus.
What is Revolut Refer a Friend 2023?
How to get Revolut’s Referral Bonus (Step-by-step)
1. Get Revolut
Sign up and install Revolut on your phone. Create an account and validate it with the required documents (proof of address, ID, etc.). If you need a link, you can grab one of mine below.
2. Get your referral link
Once your account is validated and your app is fully functional, go to your Profile page (top-left corner). You will see an ‘Invite Friends’ icon. Sometimes, you might also get a popup on the main dashboard, as you’ll see below
Select the option Invite Friends. Tap Share and your referral invite code will be copied to the clipboard.
3. Share your link with friends or family
Send your link to friends via text message or email. It will look something like this:
Join me and over 28 million users who love Revolut.
Sign up with my link below:
4. Make your friends complete the steps
In order for you to get the bonus, your friends will need to follow these steps in due time.
- Sign up with the unique referral link you provided
- Verify their identity
- Add money to their Revolut account with a card or bank transfer (transfers between Revolut accounts are excluded).
- Order a physical Revolut card (costs about €5-€10)
- Make 3 legitimate purchases with their Revolut card (virtual, disposable, physical, Apple Pay or Google Pay). Check the minimum amounts per country below. Card transactions to payment and currency exchange service providers, gambling, gift card purchases, and money transfers are counted towards the promotion.
5. Cash your bonus
Once they have finished all the steps, you will automatically get your bonus on your main Revolut account.
a few things to keep in mind
- Transfers between Revolut accounts are excluded from the promotion. You cannot send money to your friends via Revolut when they need to fund their accounts. They will need to add money from their own bank accounts. On the other hand, you can send them money via regular bank transfer (Zelle, Venmo, or Swish in Sweden).
- It’s not clear what happens if you refer someone from another country. It’s assumed you are referring someone from within the same country your account is linked to.
- If your friend doesn’t meet the requirements on time, the invite will expire, and you won’t be able to invite them again in the future.
- Your friend can order the physical card and in the meantime still make the three qualifying purchases with their virtual card or Apple Pay.
Terms and Conditions
Required minimum transaction amounts per country
|France (and eligible overseas territories)
What is the Promotion about?
We know you love our product. So we’re rewarding you to share the love.
This Promotion (the “Promotion”) allows selected Revolut customers to earn a referral reward (the “Reward”). It’s easy: your friend just needs to sign up to Revolut using your unique referral code and make three qualifying purchases. You will only be paid the Reward if you, and the people you refer, meet the criteria in these terms and conditions, so please keep reading to find out how the Promotion works.
This Promotion runs from 13 September 2023 10:00 AM GMT until 03 October 2023 8:59 PM GMT. We call this the “Promotion Period”.
You, and the people you refer, must meet all the criteria during the Promotion Period. If you or they do not, or if you or they partially meet a criteria during the Promotion Period, you will not receive a Reward.
Who is eligible for the Promotion?
Anyone who has received an invitation to the Promotion directly from us by email is eligible. If you have not received an email directly from us, you are not eligible.
What do you need to do to earn the Reward?
To earn a Reward, you must receive an email invite from us, invite a friend to sign up to Revolut, and ensure that your friend completes all activities we set out below.
Inviting someone to join Revolut is easy. Just open the email you received about this Promotion (remember, you must have received an email from us to be eligible) and tap on the “Refer” button. You can invite friends from anywhere in the world where Revolut is available.
A draft email containing your unique referral link will appear. You can customise the message and send it once you’re ready. It’s the link which is important – the invitee must click on your unique link for you to be eligible for the Promotion.
The maximum number of people you can refer is five. If you refer more than five people, you will not be paid more than five Rewards.
The amount of the Reward you will be paid is unique to you. We will set it out in the invite email we sent to you. It will be paid in the base currency of your Revolut account.
What does the person you refer need to do for you to earn the Reward?
For you to be eligible for your Reward, your invitee must be eligible for this Promotion and sign up to Revolut using your unique referral link, top up, and make three purchases using their Revolut card. This means that:
- They must sign up to Revolut, for the first time, using your unique referral link. (Someone who has previously signed up will not earn you a Reward.)
- Signing up means completing the sign up process and passing our onboarding checks. If the invitee fails our onboarding checks, you will not be eligible for your Reward. For example, they might fail these checks because they do not meet our onboarding requirements.
- They must top up their account from an external source (like a card top-up or transfer from another bank, not a transfer from another Revolut account).
- They must order a physical card and make three card purchases of the required minimum amount. The three card purchases can be made using a virtual or physical card. The required minimum amounts vary by region (more information here). These must be genuine purchases (for example, card transactions to payment, gambling, gift card or currency exchange service providers, and money transfers are not valid).
You will not be paid a Reward (or may have a Reward that has been previously paid reversed) if your invitee reverses one of these steps after taking it. For example, if they immediately close their Revolut account, cancel their card before it arrives, or cancel/refund their card purchase.
What other legal information should I know?
- We may, at our sole discretion, suspend, terminate or change these terms and conditions without notice.
- These terms are published in English and any translation is a courtesy translation only. This means you cannot derive any rights from any translated version and only the English version can be used in legal proceedings.
- This Promotion is a one-sided campaign, where only the referrer (not the referee) can be awarded the Reward.
- The Reward will be paid to the referrer’s main account balance.
- Rewards will be paid within 10 working days after the end of the Promotion Period.
- To be eligible for a Reward, you must comply with these terms and conditions and all other terms and conditions that apply to your account.
- Only users who receive an email invitation from us to participate in this Promotion are eligible for it.
- If we believe that you have engaged in any fraud or material abuse of this Promotion we may in our sole discretion take any actions we see fit in the circumstances. (For example, it would be a material abuse of this Promotion to orchestrate a campaign to profiteer from this Promotion in a way that does not result in genuine and unique new sign-ups to Revolut, and we may close your account and reverse any Rewards if you do this.)
- These Promotion terms and conditions are an agreement between you and the Revolut company which provides you with your (Retail or Business) account. If you have any questions or complaints about this Promotion, you can find out who this company is, and contact them via chat, in the app.
- If you are a customer of Revolut Ltd, this Promotion is governed by English law and the courts of England and Wales have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it. If you are a customer of Revolut Bank UAB, this Promotion is governed by Lithuanian law and the courts of Lithuania have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it. If you are a customer of Revolut Payments Australia Pty Ltd, any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms can be dealt with by the Courts of the State of Victoria. If you are a customer of Revolut Technologies Singapore Pte Ltd, this Promotion is governed by Singapore law and the courts of Singapore have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute relating to it. If you are a customer of Revolut Technologies Inc, this Promotion is governed by New York laws and the courts of New York County have exclusive jurisdiction to hear any dispute related to the Promotion.