As informed by our friend site eurobonusguiden, at the recently hosted SAS EuroBonus Diamond Meet and Greet Event 2023, the airline CEO Anko van der Werff mentioned that new benefits to their best and most loyal customers were coming.
Free rebooking on the day of departure is a new member benefit available to our EuroBonus Diamond members. This means that if you are a Diamond member, you can rebook your flight for an earlier or later departure on the same day at no extra cost. The rebooking must be done on the original day of departure and is currently only possible at SAS check-in counters and service points at the airport.
Rebooking on the day of departure applies to all ticket types and on all SAS flights, as long as the new flight is between the same cities as the original booking. Please note that free rebooking is available from midnight on the day of departure in the time zone of the departure airport. It is not possible to rebook at the gate, via self-check-in, the SAS app or on the website via “My bookings”.
Please note that if your baggage is already checked in on another flight, we cannot assist you with the rebooking process. In addition, certain restrictions may apply to special requests involving weapons, animals, special meals or the need for assistance. Additional services are non-refundable if you choose to rebook to an earlier or later departure, and we cannot guarantee that you will be assigned the same seat as you booked on your original flight.
Overall, great news for Diamond members, but I’m also curious to see if they have more benefits in the pipeline. Thanks Eurobonusguiden, for keeping us informed!
SAS EuroBonus Diamond: What do you get?
Diamond is the official highest tier within the SAS EuroBonus program. There’s one more “secret” tier called Pandion, but that’s never officially announced, and the requirements are never detailed on their website.
Here’s a list of all you get as a SAS EuroBonus Diamond member
- As a EuroBonus Diamond member, you keep all the benefits you had as a Gold member.
- 1 x 8 kg hand luggage (55x40x23 cm) is included free of charge when you travel with a SAS Go Light ticket.
- Drinks are included in SAS Go when we offer sales on board, except alcoholic drinks on domestic flights.
- Applies to you and a friend or up to four family members sitting with you.
- Earn 25% more Base points on trips with SAS and Widerøe.
- Save 30% and earn new Baspoints when you buy a regular ticket for points.
- Your bid is worth 30% more when you bid on SAS Upgrade.
- No points expire while you are a Diamond member.
- No fee when booking bonus trips via SAS Customer Service.
- Choose your seat in advance, free of charge. As a Diamond member, you can choose between preferred seats and seats with extra legroom in SAS Go on SAS flights to/from Asia and the USA.
- Use the Business check-in desk at the airport if you fly with SAS or Widerøe.
- Take the fastest route through security with SAS Fast Track when traveling with SAS, Star Alliance or Widerøe.
- Traveling on the same SAS flight, you can bring a friend or four family members (spouse/partner/parents/children) via SAS Fast Track in Scandinavia.
- Access to the SAS Gold Lounge
- Bring a friend or up to four family members (spouse/partner/parents/children) in the lounge when traveling on the same flight with SAS or Star Alliance. When you travel on a SAS flight, you also have access to the SAS Gold Lounge upon arrival.
- Bring a friend or up to four family members (spouse/partner/parents and own children) in the lounge when traveling on the same flight with Widerøe from Kastrup/Copenhagen or Landvetter/Gothenburg.
- Priority baggage handling and priority boarding.
- Bring a friend or up to four family members (spouse/partner/parents and your children) for priority boarding. This applies when your fellow traveler is traveling on the same booking as you.
- Check-in two extra bags weighing up to 23 kg each without charge (except in SAS Go Light/Widerøe Mini).
- WiFi free of charge, subject to availability.
- Diamant Service – extended member service with the highest priority.
- Highest priority when calling.
- Dedicated email service.
- Extended opening hours.
- Call-back – we will call you back if there is a telephone queue.
- You have the highest priority on waiting lists.
- You are guaranteed a seat (but not a class) when you book a ticket in booking class C:
- 48 hours before departure for flights with SAS/Widerøe, except domestic journeys in Norway with Widerøe.
- 24 hours before departure for flights with SAS between Stockholm and Gothenburg/Malmö and domestic trips in Norway with Widerøe.
- Does not apply to short-haul routes in Norway.
- The flight cannot be booked online. Contact SAS Customer Service.
- Give away a EuroBonus Gold membership and a EuroBonus Silver membership to family members or friends.
- At least two unique ticket promotions per year from SAS.
- SAS offsets the carbon footprint for all EuroBonus members’ tickets with SAS.