With this guide, you can make your SAS Mastercard work with Apple Pay using Curve. Get €6 after your first transaction when you apply for the Curve card using my link. Read more about Curve here.
Overall, I really like this card. It is not very expensive to maintain for the perks it has, including 12.000 basic points for qualification every year, and Fly Premium to upgrade to Business Class (SAS Business) saving 40% of the points.
However, one of the main things I don’t like about this card is that they don’t offer native support for Apple Pay. The SAS World Mastercard is issued by the bank SEB in Sweden, and they have stated that they don’t have an interest in following Apple Pay yet, which is unfortunate.
BUT… there is a workaround!
The solution is to get the Curve (Curve App/Card), which is not a credit card, it is just a card aggregator, and it’s free. Read more about Curve in this post. In short: Curve works as a digital wallet, but with the exception that you also get a physical card, and it has several other great features such as cashback and go-back-in-time.
It lets you connect almost every other Visa and MasterCard to it, and then just use Curve for payments. Then, the transactions are forwarded to the right active card (which you choose from the app). It is like a credit-card firewall, which is also great for security. Since they also pass along the merchant code, you get points on all your purchases, as if you’d have done it with the original card.
The amazing part is that Curve works with Apple Pay!
Make your SAS Mastercard Work with Apple Pay (Step-by-step guide):
- Get your SAS World MasterCard card.
- Get Curve (free). Use my link if you want to get €6 for FREE after your first transaction.
- Once you receive the physical Curve card, activate it.
Connect your SAS World Mastercard to Curve
- Open the app.
- Go to your Wallet and scroll to the right. Click on (+) Add a New Card
- Scan your SAS card with the camera, or fill in the manual details.
- Validate the card (either using BankID or with a small transaction).
Add the Curve card to Apple Pay
- Go to your Apple Wallet on your phone.
- Click on the (+) icon on the top right, to add a new card
- Follow the instructions by either scanning the Curve physical card or entering the numbers manually.
- Wait for the confirmation that says “Mastercard Curve Card” is ready for Apple Pay.
Set the SAS MasterCard as active on the Curve App
- Open the Curve App
- Go to your Wallet (center icon on the top bottom bar)
- Scroll until you see the SAS World MasterCard Card
- Tap on the card icon, “tap to select & pay”. The card will become active and will have the curve logo overlaid.
Now you are all set! Have fun spending with your Curve card through Apple Pay. I find it very convenient, so that I can go out just with my phone and have all my cards (or worst case, just carry my physical Curve card with me).
Read more about Curve here. Get €6 for FREE after your first transaction if you order the card with my link.
Read more about the different SAS EuroBonus World MasterCard cards here: