Make your SAS EuroBonus World MasterCard work with Apple Pay (no extra cost)
The SAS EuroBonus World Mastercard now supports Apple Pay natively. Just download the app and activate it. You can still combine it with Curve, and get €6 after your first transaction when applying and getting the Curve card using my link. Read more about Curve here.
My Guide to 1 Million SAS EuroBonus points shows how I use the SAS EuroBonus World Mastercard Premium as my backup card when my SAS American Express Elite doesn’t work.
Overall, I really like this card. It is not very expensive to maintain the perks it has, including 12.000 basic points for qualification every year, and Fly Premium to upgrade to Business Class (SAS Business) saving 40% of the points.
However, one of the main things I don’t like about this card is that they don’t offer native support for Apple Pay. The SAS World Mastercard is issued by the bank SEB in Sweden, and they have stated that they don’t have an interest in following Apple Pay yet, which is unfortunate.
BUT… there is a workaround.
The solution is to get the Curve (Curve App/Card), which is not a credit card, it is just a card aggregator, and it’s free. You can read more about Curve in my review post. In short: Curve works as a digital wallet, but with the exception that you also get a physical card, and it has several other great features such as cashback and go-back-in-time.
It lets you connect almost every other Visa and MasterCard to it, and then just use Curve for payments. Then, the transactions are forwarded to the right active card (which you choose from the app). It is like a credit-card firewall, which is also great for security. Since they also pass along the merchant code, you get points on all your purchases, as if you’d have done it with the original card.
The amazing part is that Curve works with Apple Pay!
Add Apple Pay To SAS EuroBonus World Mastercard (Step-by-step guide)
- Get your SAS World MasterCard card.
- Get Curve (free). Use my link if you want to get €6 for free after your first transaction.
- Once you receive the physical Curve card, activate it.
- Connect your SAS World Mastercard to Curve
- Open the app.
- Go to your Wallet and scroll to the right. Click on (+) Add a New Card
- Scan your SAS card with the camera, or fill in the manual details.
- Validate the card (either using BankID or with the small transaction).
- Plug your Curve to Apple Pay
- Go to your Apple Wallet on your phone.
- Click on the (+) icon on the top right, to add a new card
- Follow the instructions by either scanning the Curve physical card or entering the numbers manually.
- Wait for the confirmation that says “Mastercard Curve Card” is ready for Apple Pay.
- Set the SAS MasterCard as active on the Curve App
- Open the Curve App
- Go to your Wallet (center icon on the top bottom bar)
- Scroll until you see the SAS World MasterCard Card
- Tap on the card icon, “tap to select & pay”. The card will become active and will have the curve logo overlaid.
Now you are all set! Have fun spending with your Curve card through Apple Pay. I find it very convenient, so that I can go out just with my phone and have all my cards (or worst case, just carry my physical Curve card with me).
Read more about Curve here. Get €6 for FREE after your first transaction when applying and getting the Curve card using my link.