In this guide, I’ll cover how to transfer money to Crypto.com Visa card without exchange fees. If you have a Crypto.com Visa Card, your currency will be either EUR or USD. Suppose you live, for example, in Nordic Countries (Sweden, Norway, Denmark) or even Switzerland. In that case, you want to top up your crypto card with the local currency (in my case SEK, Swedish Kronor) but avoid the currency exchange fees.
To do so, you can create a Revolut account for free (and get 3 premium months), then send money from your foreign bank to Revolut, exchange currency there at no cost, and send it from Revolut to your Crypto.com visa card.
Why isn’t a regular bank transfer enough?
However, if I use my regular bank (Nordea), I need to send an international bank transfer, which will convert SEK to EUR, before sending the money to my Crypto.com card. This involves some fees and bad exchange rates from Nordea, and it is the same if you have SEB, SwedBank, or any other big bank.
However, there’s a quite simple solution you can use:
The solution is to create an account at Revolut, a digital bank with no maintenance fee and offers free currency exchange (up to €10.000 a month). Once you set up your account, you can use it as an intermediary between your bank and Crypto.com to get the best exchange rate and maximize your cash back. Here’s a step-by-step guide.
Step-by-step Guide: Transfer money to crypto.com visa card
- Download the Revolut app on your phone (use my link for the latest promo)
- Click on sign up and follow the verification steps. It might ask you for a selfie.
- You can order a Revolut physical plastic card for free, and also add your card to Apple pay.
- Load your Revolut account with money. OBS: always load up in your local currency! (e.g. SEK/NOK,DKK, CHF)
- Option 1: Send money with a Bank Transfer. Go to your bank app and send money from your account to your Revolut bank address.
- Option 2: Load up money with your credit card. Fill in your credit card number and authorize the transaction.
- Your Revolut account now should have a balance in your local currency (in my pictures below, I sent 1000 SEK)
- Use Revolut to exchange to EUR. I changed 1000 SEK to 96.99 EUR.
- Open your Crypto.com App and find your Fiat Wallet address.
- Select Deposit Fiat
- Choose EUR
- Copy the Bank Account information, including Country (Lithuania), IBAN, BIC/SWIFT, and account holder info.
- Go back to your Revolut App and select Add a bank recipient.
- Fill in the data you copied from your Crypto.com app.
- Now send money from your Revolut account to your added Crypto.com bank account. OBS: Make sure to send this money in EUR.
You will have to confirm this transaction with your phone.
- You will receive a notification from your Crypto.com app when the money is received and added to your account. The first time you do it, it might take up to 24h (business hours) to complete the transaction. After that, it should be credited instantly!
This is how each step looked for me in the apps:
Alternative: Use Wise (cheap)
Wise is a digital wallet and money transfer service that has become popular in recent years. It uses local bank accounts to avoid international money transfer fees. You can use Wise to top up your Plutus account while converting currency at a better rate.
Transfer money to Crypto.com card with Wise (Step-by-step)
- Sign-up for Wise.
- Top up your account in your local currency (in my example, I top up SEK). You can top up using a local bank transfer, credit card, or Apple Pay.
- Once your Wise account is topped up, exchange to Euros (€). You will get Wise currency exchange rate which is better than an international bank transfer.
- In the Wise app, add a new money transfer recipient.
- Add your Crypto.com account details. The currency should be EUR, and the country should be Outside Europe. Paste your IBAN and Wise will automatically detect the Swift/BIC.
- Once your recipient is added, select the account for a new transfer
- Select the amount of money you want to transfer
- Review and confirm
- You will receive a confirmation email from Plutus with the amount topped up.
- In your Crypto.com app, you will see the new account balance.
That’s a wrap
That’s it! Now you can start buying with your Crypto.com Visa card and earn cash back on each purchase at no extra cost for converting your currency.