Crypto.com visa card doesn’t support Apple Pay
BUT… there is a workaround.
The solution is to get the Curve (The Curve App/Card), which is not a credit card, it is just a card aggregator, and it’s free. Read more about Curve in this post. In short: Curve works as a digital wallet, but with the exception that you also get a physical card, and it has several other great features such as cashback and go-back-in-time.
It lets you connect almost every other Visa and MasterCard to it, and then just use Curve for payments. Then, the transactions are forwarded to the right active card (which you choose from the app). It is like a credit-card firewall, which is also great for security. Since they also pass along the merchant code, you get points or cashback on all your purchases, as if you’d have done it with the original card.
The amazing part is that Curve works with Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Samsung Pay!
Apple Pay for Crypto.com Visa Step-by-step
- Grab the card you want to make compatible with Apple Pay
- Get Curve (free). Use my link to get €6 FOR FREE after your first transaction.
- Once you receive the physical Curve card, activate it.
- Connect your card to Curve
- Open the app.
- Go to your Wallet and scroll to the right. Click on (+) Add a New Card
- Scan your card with the camera, or fill in the manual details.
- Validate the card (either with a small transaction in your statement or digital ID).
- Add the Curve card to Apple Pay
- Go to your Apple Wallet on your phone.
- Click on the (+) icon on the top right, to add a new card
- Follow the instructions by either scanning the Curve physical card or entering the numbers manually.
- Wait for the confirmation that says “Mastercard Curve Card” is ready for Apple Pay.
- Repeat these steps if you want to add more cards.
- Set the Crypto.com Visa card as active on the Curve app
- Open the Curve App
- Go to your Wallet (center icon on the top bottom bar)
- Scroll until you see the Crypto.com Visa card you added
- Tap on the card icon, “tap to select & pay”. The card will become active and will have the curve logo overlaid.
Now you are all set! You can have Apple Pay for your Crypto.com visa card! Have fun spending with your Curve card through Apple Pay. I find it very convenient, so that I can go out just with my phone and have all my cards (or worst case, just carry my physical Curve card with me).
Read more about the Crypto.com Visa card here. You can get $25 USD bonus with my referral link if you want to test it out.
See you next time!