Best Airbnb In Uppsala: Our Top 9 Picks (2023)
I lived in Uppsala for 10+ years and in 6 different neighborhoods. As a foreigner living in Sweden, I often receive friends and family visits, and it can be a bit tricky to find good accommodation for them. Hotels are expensive, particularly for large groups, so I found that Airbnb’s worked better overall. But what are the best Airbnb in Uppsala you can find in 2023?
Uppsala has many, many corners to explore, whether you are a tourist visiting the city for a few days, you come for business, or you are studying at Uppsala University. Depending on where you stay, the experience can be quite different. Being close to the center lets you do most things at walking distance, but it is often more expensive, and places are smaller. The outside of the city lets you enjoy the forest and nature, lovely views and walks, and larger properties.
In this post, I’ve compiled our favorite picks when it comes to Airbnb properties in Uppsala.
What are the Best Airbnb in Uppsala in 2023?
As the experience can change depending on how many guests and what they are looking for, I’ll split the properties we’ve tried into two categories: large homes or houses on the outside of the city (great for entire families or groups of friends), and apartments closer to the center (typically for 1 or 2 guests).
1. Family Home With Built-in Livestream Studio & Conference Room
This house is spacious, can accommodate up to 5 guests, and has two separate workspaces. With a built-in livestream studio/meeting room (sound treated), it’s perfect for families working from home and enjoying the forest nearby. It’s also great for content creators, YouTubers, streamers, gamers, producers, and videographers needing a dedicated meeting or production room.
At less than $30 per guest, it’s cheaper than hotel stays and has fantastic amenities for both working, enjoying nature, and chilling.
What we loved
- Large and spacious.
- Fully equipped for up to 5 guests.
- Built-in studio, sound treated for meetings, conference calls, recording, gaming, and content creation.
- Philips Hue Lighting for mood lights gives a cozy feeling.
- Private outdoor patio, furniture, and access to the forest.
- Close to City Center, 20 mins by bus, 17 mins by bike. Bus stop 1-min walk from the house.
- Close to the best supermarket in town (ICA Maxi) and other shops like System Bolaget.
2. Fresh and functional House
This modern, open, bright chain house with proximity to much has room for 6 guests. It works great for families, couples, or a few friends who want to visit Uppsala and the surrounding area perfectly. The area is very quiet and child-friendly, but the house is still close to the city center. It takes 25 min by car, 10 min by bike and busses every 15 mins.
What we loved
- Good for up to 6 guests.
- Pets allowed.
- A bit further, but nice area.
- BBQ Grill and Bikes.
3. Nice House close to water and nature
Lovely house that is well suited for larger groups and families. The house is located in Sunnersta which is a top and quiet neighborhood in Uppsala. The villa has four spacious bedrooms, two bathrooms, a large kitchen, and a lush garden with plenty of play space and pleasant outdoor dining. It has plenty of toys, and you can borrow bicycles for adults and children.
What we loved
- 15 minutes to Central Uppsala
- 10 min to several nice bathing spots
- Location close to nature with proximity to nice walking paths, mountain bike trails, and runs
- One hour from central Stockholm
4. Beautiful house in the center of Uppsala
Charming house located a few minutes from the center, castle, and botanical garden. You reach the center, railway station with trains to Stockholm, the University, and other attractions in no time.
The house is modern and carefully restored in a light Scandinavian style, with less than 5 minutes to the City Forest. The top floor has a lot of open areas – a living room, a large kitchen, 3 bedrooms, and a terrace. The basement has a bathroom with a jacuzzi, a cinema, a living room, and a bedroom.
5. Modern Villa for up to 9 people (parking included)
This house looks like a Swedish mansion. A modern Villa with 5 bedrooms for up to 9 people. Free parking on the driveway for 3 cars. Wifi. Perfect house for 2 couples with kids (or a group of friends).
1. Newly renovated apartment in central Uppsala
2. Cozy apartment with patio & free parking
3. Central Apartment in Uppsala
4. Modern Apartments Uppsala Portalgatan
Modern aparthotel with apartments of about 20 square meters in a quiet location near Uppsala city. Equipped kitchen, fridge/freezer, and toilet/shower. They are about 10-15 min walk to the central station. It includes 20 free parking spaces for accommodation, access to a laundry room, wifi, and heating.
What to do in Uppsala?
If you are visiting Uppsala for the first time, these are the top things to do and places to visit (IMHO)
- Visit Uppsala Cathedral (Domkyrka).
- Explore Gamla Uppsala.
- Discover Uppsala University.
- Stroll through the Uppsala Botanical Garden.
- Experience Gustavianum Museum.
- Visit the Linnaeus Garden.
- Enjoy Fyris River walks.
- Visit Uppsala Castle.
- Experience the Uppland Museum.
- Go shopping in Svartbäcksgatan and Sysslomansgatan.
As usual, feel free to reach out to me here or via Instagram if you have comments, questions or suggestions!