Airalo lets you save 6-15x in data roaming when you travel. It offers local and regional travel eSIMs at the most competitive rates in 2023. It’s straightforward to set up, and it works in most countries around the world, including the fastest 5G operators.
I recently found the app Airalo and used it on two of my recent trips: Spain and the United States.
In Spain, I used EU roaming offered by my Swedish operator (Comviq), but that was limited to 8GB. Then, since I had to do heavy work in remote areas, I wanted an unlimited package, and Airalo had much better offers.
In the United States, the difference between Airalo and international roaming was massive. Telia (in Sweden) offers 1GB for 7 days at $26 USD (275 SEK). Ugh. Ah! And that was on 4G.
With Airalo, you can get 1GB for 7 days at $4.5 (42 SEK), on 5G. That’s 6 times cheaper and on a faster network.
eSIMs are the future of roaming and data when traveling abroad. In this post, I cover the basics of Airalo and why is my go-to option for travel eSIMs.
What is Airalo?
Airalo is the world’s first eSIM store that solves the pain of high roaming bills by giving you access to eSIMs (digital SIM cards). With eSIMs from Airalo, download and install a digital data pack from 190+ countries/regions and be connected anywhere in the world the second you land.
Things I love about Airalo
- Instant connectivity. Purchase your eSIM from anywhere. Literally takes 5 minutes to download the app, choose your eSIM, buy, and install! You can do this even before traveling.
In the old days, you had to go and find a store once you landed, and most often, there were one-time activation and top-up fees.
- Super cheap. Save 6 to 15x in roaming compared to your local operator.
- Have as many eSIMs as you want! While you can have up to 2 activated, you can have eight or even more installed and stored on your phone with you at all times.
- Airmoney: This one is one of my favorites. Refer your friends and family, and you will get $3 USD deposited to your account once they buy an eSIM. You can use Airmoney for more eSIMs with them.
You can get $3 by using my link and entering code GERMAN3600 at checkout.
- Fastest operators. They work with the most advanced and fastest operators around the world
How Airalo Works
How to Install an Airalo eSIM
- Login to your Airalo account.
- Go to My eSIMs.
- Look for the eSIM you want to install.
- Tap the Details button.
- Tap Install eSIM/Access Data
- On your device, go to Settings
- Tap Cellular or Mobile
- Tap Add Cellular Plan or Add Mobile Data Plan
- 4. Use your printed QR code or another device that displays the QR code to scan your eSIM QR Code
- Choose a label or customized label for your eSIM.
- Under the Default Line page, select your eSIM for cellular data only
- You should see your new eSIM under your Cellular Data or Mobile Data Plans.
- It is also possible to install manually
Airalo Regional SIMs: Best Europe eSIMs
Here are some of the Europe travel eSIMs that Airalo offers. These regional cards are valid for a multitude of European countries (EU region) and make it easier if you are planning to move around.
Airalo Global SIMs
For hardcore travelers, Airalo offers global packages that work in 87 countries! That’s insane. You can have 5GB for $35, up to 30 days.
Airalo Review: Wrap up
Airalo offers some of the most competitive eSIMs in the market today on the fastest networks. eSIMs are the future of data roaming and phone calls for travelers.